My Fall Break: Doing All Things Autumn in One Weekend

Ya this is about a week late, sorry but I've been pretty busy (sadly my senior thesis isn't going to write itself) But I did recently have a great Fall Break back in Ohio. During this break I succeeded in my goal to do all things Fall related.

I arrived Friday night, so first on Saturday I went to the farmers market with my friend Jess. Also on Saturday my dad and I went to the Ohio State game (my first time actually attending an OSU game if you can believe it). It was so much fun we walked around beforehand and checked out the tailgating scene. Going to Loyola I miss out on football tailgating so it was great to experience it. We also saw the marching band perform before the game which was also a great experience. The actual game was a lot of fun, even though it was pretty stressful. Even though it was 80 degrees it was still a perfect fall activity.


Also that weekend my family and I went to a corn maze and market. The corn maze itself was fun (not very decorated or difficult though) And it was also fun to see all the fall items and produce at the market. That night we decided to stay in and do some cooking and baking. We made thai pumpkin curry soup (Delicious!) and for dessert we made skillet apples (Even more delicious with Pumpkin Pie Halotop!) While we ate we watched Coraline because its Halloween time but we all hate horror films.

One last thing I had to do before I left Ohio was of course attend the Fairfield County Fair. My friend Katie and I first had breakfast at Todd's Mountain View (a Lancaster staple) and then on to the fair we went. We weren't too interested in going on the rides so we were very content just walking around playing a game of skee ball and looking at all the animals. Of course we also had to indulge in some fair cuisine as well! Since it was still 80 degrees out and honestly too hot for a warm elephant ear I opted for a cheesecake on a stick (dipped in chocolate and nuts of course) and it was absolutely perfect.

Overall I had a great break! As much as I love Chicago, it is nice to go back home every once in awhile to see family and friends. What are your favorite autumn activities? What's your favorite fair food? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting With the Basics

Why Galantines Day is so Important